Orient boss Slade admits FA Cup trip won’t be easy
It’s a tricky draw for the O’s
Orient boss Russell Slade admits his side’s FA Cup draw at non-league side Gloucester City could be tricky.
The O’s have to travel to the Blue Square Bet North Club on the weekend of November 3 and Slade admitted: “These are always tricky fixtures as we have discovered when playing Bromley and Droylsden in recent seasons.
“Playing away at non-league sides is never an easy task.”
Gloucester play their home games at Cheltenham Town’s Whaddon Road and the Robins also have a home game and meet the winner of the Yate Town v Newport County tie.
You may also want to watch:
Last season O’s edged past Bromley 3-0 with goals from Jimmy Smith, Matt Spring and George Porter, before going out to Gillingham in round two.
While the previous year they needed a replay to overcome Droylsden in the second round. After a 1-1 draw at the Butchers Arms O’s won the replay 8-2 after extra time,
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 8 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers
- 9 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 10 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
Gloucester City are currently struggling in the league, but have beaten Chippenham Town Eastleigh and Thatcham Town to reach the first round.