Orient boss Slade admits FA Cup trip won’t be easy
It’s a tricky draw for the O’s
Orient boss Russell Slade admits his side’s FA Cup draw at non-league side Gloucester City could be tricky.
The O’s have to travel to the Blue Square Bet North Club on the weekend of November 3 and Slade admitted: “These are always tricky fixtures as we have discovered when playing Bromley and Droylsden in recent seasons.
“Playing away at non-league sides is never an easy task.”
Gloucester play their home games at Cheltenham Town’s Whaddon Road and the Robins also have a home game and meet the winner of the Yate Town v Newport County tie.
You may also want to watch:
Last season O’s edged past Bromley 3-0 with goals from Jimmy Smith, Matt Spring and George Porter, before going out to Gillingham in round two.
While the previous year they needed a replay to overcome Droylsden in the second round. After a 1-1 draw at the Butchers Arms O’s won the replay 8-2 after extra time,
- 1 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 2 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Sir David Amess remembered as 'loved husband, father, MP and St Bon's boy'
- 7 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 8 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 9 Candle causes Stratford flat fire which saw two people in hospital
- 10 Gallions Reach chef to be judged by Michel Roux Jr as finalist for prestigious title
Gloucester City are currently struggling in the league, but have beaten Chippenham Town Eastleigh and Thatcham Town to reach the first round.