Orient boss set to move into the loan market
Slade hopes to bring in one or two new faces
Orient manager Russell Slade hopes to strengthen his squad now that the loan window has reopened, with a defender the top priority.
Although the O’s boss refused to name his targets, he is short of a left-back after loan signings Tony Craig and Adam Chicksen returned to Millwall and MK Dons.
“I’m working hard on trying to bring one or two new players in and if Saturday’s game goes ahead hopefully we will have someone in place,” he said.
The O’s are due to host Huddersfield Town, although it looks likely that there will be a pitch inspection tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
Slade is keeping his fingers crossed that the game beats the freeze after last weekend’s match at Oldham was called off and he admitted: “Footballers like to be playing regularly so they don’t lose their sharpness.”
Meanwhile, Solomon Taiwo stands by to make his Orient debut after joining on loan from Cardiff last month
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Court date adjourned for Beckton man who sexually assaulted young girl
- 6 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 7 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Shadrach Ogie back in contention for O's trip to Bristol Rovers
- 10 Antonio and Rice fire West Ham to win over Dinamo Zagreb in Europa League