Orient boss set to move into the loan market
Slade hopes to bring in one or two new faces
Orient manager Russell Slade hopes to strengthen his squad now that the loan window has reopened, with a defender the top priority.
Although the O’s boss refused to name his targets, he is short of a left-back after loan signings Tony Craig and Adam Chicksen returned to Millwall and MK Dons.
“I’m working hard on trying to bring one or two new players in and if Saturday’s game goes ahead hopefully we will have someone in place,” he said.
The O’s are due to host Huddersfield Town, although it looks likely that there will be a pitch inspection tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
Slade is keeping his fingers crossed that the game beats the freeze after last weekend’s match at Oldham was called off and he admitted: “Footballers like to be playing regularly so they don’t lose their sharpness.”
Meanwhile, Solomon Taiwo stands by to make his Orient debut after joining on loan from Cardiff last month
- 1 £10k reward offered one year after fatal stabbing of Stephen Morrisson
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern welcomes back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 Beckton state school outshines top independents in Mandarin competition
- 7 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 8 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 Cyclist casualties on borough's roads rise as more people travel by bike