Orient boss looks for a spark as Griffith and Rowlands return
League One: Walsall v Leyton Orient 7.45pm
Orient manager Russell Slade will be hoping his side rediscover their spark at Walsall tonight.
The O’s boss welcomes back midfield man Anthony Griffith, who was suspended for Saturday’s match against Doncaster.
While Martin Rowlands is also likely return after being sidelined with a hamstring injury.
“He is mightly close and we hope Martin will be available,” said the O’s chief.
You may also want to watch:
Slade wants his side to bounce back after their four-game unbeaten run came to an end when they were beaten 2-0 by Doncaster at the weekend.
“I thought that Doncaster won most of the second balls in the first period and we just couldn’t get going,” said Slade.
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 4 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 5 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 6 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 7 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
- 10 Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
“We had a couple of opportunities just after the break and we needed one of those to go in just to give us a spark.”
Slade was puzzled by his side’s disappointing performance. “In the second period we were chasing the game and we were huffing and puffing, but we were not really hurting them.
“You have to be on top of your game and we were not quite there. It’s as if we had not played for two weeks and we weren’t quite on our game.”