Orient boss looks for a spark as Griffith and Rowlands return
League One: Walsall v Leyton Orient 7.45pm
Orient manager Russell Slade will be hoping his side rediscover their spark at Walsall tonight.
The O’s boss welcomes back midfield man Anthony Griffith, who was suspended for Saturday’s match against Doncaster.
While Martin Rowlands is also likely return after being sidelined with a hamstring injury.
“He is mightly close and we hope Martin will be available,” said the O’s chief.
Slade wants his side to bounce back after their four-game unbeaten run came to an end when they were beaten 2-0 by Doncaster at the weekend.
“I thought that Doncaster won most of the second balls in the first period and we just couldn’t get going,” said Slade.
- 1 Newham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 2 Kehrer can 'bring a number of things' to West Ham United
- 3 Plenty more to come from West Ham's Scamacca says McKinlay
- 4 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 5 Colleges offer 'alternative paths' towards fruitful careers, principal says
- 6 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 7 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 'There is a cover-up going on somewhere', says flat death OAP's daughter
- 10 Thames Water: Hosepipe ban announced for London and Thames Valley
“We had a couple of opportunities just after the break and we needed one of those to go in just to give us a spark.”
Slade was puzzled by his side’s disappointing performance. “In the second period we were chasing the game and we were huffing and puffing, but we were not really hurting them.
“You have to be on top of your game and we were not quite there. It’s as if we had not played for two weeks and we weren’t quite on our game.”