Orient boss looks for a spark as Griffith and Rowlands return
League One: Walsall v Leyton Orient 7.45pm
Orient manager Russell Slade will be hoping his side rediscover their spark at Walsall tonight.
The O’s boss welcomes back midfield man Anthony Griffith, who was suspended for Saturday’s match against Doncaster.
While Martin Rowlands is also likely return after being sidelined with a hamstring injury.
“He is mightly close and we hope Martin will be available,” said the O’s chief.
You may also want to watch:
Slade wants his side to bounce back after their four-game unbeaten run came to an end when they were beaten 2-0 by Doncaster at the weekend.
“I thought that Doncaster won most of the second balls in the first period and we just couldn’t get going,” said Slade.
- 1 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 9 241-home development at Royal Albert Wharf marks 12-storey milestone
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
“We had a couple of opportunities just after the break and we needed one of those to go in just to give us a spark.”
Slade was puzzled by his side’s disappointing performance. “In the second period we were chasing the game and we were huffing and puffing, but we were not really hurting them.
“You have to be on top of your game and we were not quite there. It’s as if we had not played for two weeks and we weren’t quite on our game.”