Orient boss hopes to keep ex-QPR man Rowlands
Midfielder is only available for one more game
Orient head for Crewe on Saturday, with manager Russell Slade hoping he will be able to keep midfielder Martin Rowlands for a little while longer.
Slade signed the former QPR midfielder at the end of August, initially on a month-long deal, which means Saturday’s match would be his last under the current agreement.
Rowlands missed Tuesday night’s 4-1 win against Yeovil due to illness, but has played a key role in helping turn results around.
He, along with winger Lee Cook, who has signed a contract until the New Year, have made a real impact at Brisbane Road and O’s boss Slade admitted: “They bring so much know-how and experience to the side.”
You may also want to watch:
And he hopes to be able to keep Rowlands at The Matchroom: “He has a nice, steadying influence on everyone out there, especially the young players,” said the Orient manager.
“He is a good organiser, a great voice and he is still in love with the game and still loving his football.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
“We don’t want them to go anywhere do we, and I’m not sure they will want to go anywhere, because I think they are enjoying their football right now.
“And if we can produce a few more wins then this is a nice place to be.”