Orient beat the deadline to sign Leeds defender
Jason Crowe joins the O’s until the end of the season
ORIENT manager Russell Slade finally got his man when he signed Leeds United defender Jason Crowe and he goes straight into the squad for Tuesday’s home game against League One leaders Brighton & Hove Albion.
The Orient boss was keen to strengthen his side as the club, who have reached the fifth round of the FA Cup for the first time since 1982, have a punishing fixture list.
“It’s a deal I have been working on for the last few days,” said Slade.
He’s a good utility player, with a great attitude and can play anywhere across the back or in midfield.”
You may also want to watch:
The 32-year-old has signed a contract until the end of the season after his deal at Elland Road was cancelled by mutual consent.
Crowe started his career at Arsenal and then joined Portsmouth for a �1m fee in 1999.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 2 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 5 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 6 Player ratings: Coufal shines as West Ham fall to Everton defeat
- 7 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 8 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 9 West Ham defender Coufal frustrated with Everton defeat
- 10 We're down, but not out insists West Ham boss Moyes after Everton loss
He went on to play under Slade at Grimsby, before spending four years at Northampton Town and later moved to Leeds in the summer of 2009.