Orient beat the deadline to sign Leeds defender
Jason Crowe joins the O’s until the end of the season
ORIENT manager Russell Slade finally got his man when he signed Leeds United defender Jason Crowe and he goes straight into the squad for Tuesday’s home game against League One leaders Brighton & Hove Albion.
The Orient boss was keen to strengthen his side as the club, who have reached the fifth round of the FA Cup for the first time since 1982, have a punishing fixture list.
“It’s a deal I have been working on for the last few days,” said Slade.
He’s a good utility player, with a great attitude and can play anywhere across the back or in midfield.”
You may also want to watch:
The 32-year-old has signed a contract until the end of the season after his deal at Elland Road was cancelled by mutual consent.
Crowe started his career at Arsenal and then joined Portsmouth for a �1m fee in 1999.
- 1 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 2 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 8 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 9 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
He went on to play under Slade at Grimsby, before spending four years at Northampton Town and later moved to Leeds in the summer of 2009.