Orient are underdogs in League One play-off final
- Credit: Archant
Bookmaker BetVictor rate Rotherham United as odds-on favourite to seal play-off final success
Leyton Orient head to Wembley on Sunday for a League One play-off final with Rotherham United as the sides do battle for a place in the Championship next season.
The O’s enter the final on the back of two excellent performances against Peterborough United, drawing the first leg 1-1 at London Road, before a 2-1 win in the return leg at the Matchroom Stadium last week.
BetVictor are refunding losing bets on selected markets should either side come from behind in any of the three play-off finals – but let’s hope for the sake of Orient fans (and their fingernails) that they don’t have to do things the hard way.
Rotherham manager Steve Evans insists that his side are the underdogs, but BetVictor make them 4/6 favourites for promotion, with Leyton Orient 6/5 to be playing Championship football next season. So, are the O’s being underestimated?
You may also want to watch:
Rotherham are 11/8 favourites to win in regular time, while Orient are 85/40. If the tie goes beyond the 90 minutes the O’s are 12/5, while they are 10/1 to win in extra time and 12/1 to win on penalties.
Orient led the League One table for the majority of the first-half of the season, but there was little to separate Russell Slade’s side and the Millers and th in the table after 46 games, bar the O’s superior goal difference thanks to their excellent defence.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 6 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 10 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
Skipper Nathan Clarke has enjoyed play-off success twice with Huddersfield Town and led the teamto 18 clean sheets in League One this season, and Orient are 13/5 to shut Rotherham out on Sunday and 3/1 to win the game to nil.
After narrowly missing out on automatic promotion, Leyton Orient should be able to seal promotion with Kevin Lisbie taken to upstage strike-partner and leading goalscorer David Mooney in the process.
Despite not scoring in either leg of the semi-final, Lisbie had previously netted four in Orient’s last three games of the regular season and looks excellent value at 13/2 to open the scoring, 21/10 to score anytime and 12/1 to be man of the match, which should hopefully secure Championship football in the process.
For all the latest odds head to BetVictor.com