Orient ace wants to put one over the Daggers
Cox hopes to gain a spot of revenge in the FA Cup
DEAN COX insists that Orient have a point to prove when they play neighbours Dagenham & Redbridge in the FA Cup on Saturday.
The Daggers have won just two games this season – and one of them was against the O’s back in September – and now Cox wants a little bit of revenge.
The winger, who has been in impressive form this season, said: “It’s a big one against Dagenham & Redbridge. We owe them one and we’ve spoken about it already.
“The lads have pencilled that one in, it’s one we really want to win.”
The Orient players and fans have bitter memories of the 2-0 defeat at Victoria Road earlier in the season.
The O’s filled the away stand as more than 1,200 fans made the short trip – but they ended up booing the visitors off the pitch following a lacklustre display.
- 1 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 2 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 3 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 4 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 5 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 6 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 7 Covid-19: How the situation in Newham compares to this time last year
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Beckton man jailed for role in drugs gang after £2m cannabis plants seizure
- 10 Man sentenced for illegal subletting of council home
“It was probably our worst performance of the season,” admitted Cox.
“And being at our arch rivals, it didn’t go down too well with the fans.
“We owe Dagenham one and we want to put it right,” said the former Brighton man, whose view is shared by Orient skipper Skipper Stephen Dawson.
The midfielder, who missed Tuesday night’s 3-2 defeat at Colchester with an ankle injury is expected to be fit.
“There’s always a bit of buzz when the FA Cup comes around and it’s a really big game for us,” said Dawson.
“Earlier in the season our performance there was, without a shadow of a doubt, our worst of the season.
“We will bring an awful lot of fans with us again and it gives us a chance to put things right.”