Opening of historic pub, undergoing a make-over, in Forest Gate postponed
- Credit: Archant
The opening of a pub undergoing a revamp in Forest Gate has been postponed.
The Railway Tavern, which has been renamed the Forest Tavern, was due to open on Thursday of next week (August 29), but is now expected to open a week later on Thursday September 5.
The historic pub on Forest Lane, off Woodgrange Road, was bought earlier in the year by pub company Antic London, which runs pubs in other parts of London such as Dulwich and Battersea.
On the company’s facebook page a statement reads: “Due to the sudden and unexpected closure of Bohemia and the very sad closure of Catford Bridge Tavern, we are putting the date of the opening of Forest Tavern back to the 5th Of September.
“All our teams have had to set to with the closures leaving the Forest Tavern a little short of hands. In order to make it beautiful and ready for you, we are moving the opening back a week.. Huge apologies from everyone at Antic London, but it’s only a week... we will see you on the 5th!”
You may also want to watch:
Phase one of the pub’s make-over will see the front bar open while the second phase will introduce the dining area and kitchen.
But the owners say the pub will continue to evolve over the coming months in response to punters’ demands.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 10 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow