Omozusi signs one-year contract with Leyton Orient
- Credit: Archant
O’s manager Russell Slade hopes the former Fulham youngster will shine when back to full fitness.
Leyton Orient defender Elliot Omozusi has signed a one-year contract to extend his stay at Brisbane Road.
The 24-year-old initially re-joined the club in January following his release from prison for witness intimidation but ended the 2012-13 campaign on the treatment table with a shoulder injury.
And with a full pre-season behind the former Fulham youngster, O’s boss Russell Slade believes he’ll be back to his best.
“It was difficult for Elliot over the last few months because he didn’t have a pre-season but he’s already set his stall out and is doing extra training at Crystal Palace athletics stadium, so he’ll be firing on all cylinders for next year.,” Slade told the club website.
You may also want to watch:
“I know he’s really focussed on getting himself back into the side and getting a regular slot and we saw in flashes this year that he’s capable of it, particularly when came on up at Preston.
“There’s a really good player in there as we know from two seasons ago and I’m really pleased that he’s still going to be with us next season.”
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 6 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 7 Levels youngsters sign Premier League and Football League contracts
- 8 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 9 How Ben Levinson OBE has helped turn around Kensington Primary School
- 10 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham