Omozusi signs one-year contract with Leyton Orient
- Credit: Archant
O’s manager Russell Slade hopes the former Fulham youngster will shine when back to full fitness.
Leyton Orient defender Elliot Omozusi has signed a one-year contract to extend his stay at Brisbane Road.
The 24-year-old initially re-joined the club in January following his release from prison for witness intimidation but ended the 2012-13 campaign on the treatment table with a shoulder injury.
And with a full pre-season behind the former Fulham youngster, O’s boss Russell Slade believes he’ll be back to his best.
“It was difficult for Elliot over the last few months because he didn’t have a pre-season but he’s already set his stall out and is doing extra training at Crystal Palace athletics stadium, so he’ll be firing on all cylinders for next year.,” Slade told the club website.
You may also want to watch:
“I know he’s really focussed on getting himself back into the side and getting a regular slot and we saw in flashes this year that he’s capable of it, particularly when came on up at Preston.
“There’s a really good player in there as we know from two seasons ago and I’m really pleased that he’s still going to be with us next season.”
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 5 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 9 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim