Olympics uniforms revealed
The uniforms to be worn by Olympic volunteers and technical officials during next summer’s Games were unveiled this week.
The design is said to be influenced by the Grenadier Guards uniform and British sporting heritage.
Made by adidas, the uniform has a deep purple and poppy red colour scheme “to evoke the pride and heritage of the United Kingdom”.
Different-coloured epaulettes will identify specific groups, with white for medical staff, red for team leaders and green for anti-doping personnel.
Games Makers will receive a jacket, polo shirt, trousers, trainers, socks, cap, bag, water bottle and umbrella.
You may also want to watch:
The officials’ uniform includes a bag that can hold a laptop, a trilby and a tie for men and a scarf for women.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 5 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19