Olympic tickets to go on sale
TICKETS for the 2012 Olympics will go on sale on March 15, organisers have announced.
Fans will have six weeks to decide which events they want to attend before making their application.
There will be 6.6 million tickets available and applications will close on 26 April 2011.
All oversubscribed sessions will be allocated via a ballot.
Applications can be made at any point during the six-week period as tickets will not be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
You may also want to watch:
The schedule for the 650 sports sessions - and ticket pricing - will be announced next month. Some tickets will be available for just �20.
Those who have already signed up to the London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games’ (LOCOG) ticket database will automatically receive information about how to apply.
- 1 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 2 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Sir David Amess remembered as 'loved husband, father, MP and St Bon's boy'
- 7 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 8 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 9 Candle causes Stratford flat fire which saw two people in hospital
- 10 Gallions Reach chef to be judged by Michel Roux Jr as finalist for prestigious title
Paralympic tickets will go on sale in September.
LOCOG chairman Sebastian Coe said: “On March 15, the application process opens to be part of the greatest show on earth.
“This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see the world’s greatest athletes going for gold in the UK - a chance for people to see their favourite sport and perhaps try a new one.”
More details of how to apply will be posted on the official website at www.tickets.london2012.com