Olympic Park’s ArcelorMittal Orbit to open late for three nights this summer
- Credit: LLDC
London’s spectacular nighttime skyline will be visible for the first time from the ArcelorMittal Orbit.
Visitors to the twisting steel structure that towers over Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park will be able to see the capital’s iconic landmarks including Canary Wharf and the Shard for just three days this summer.
On Friday, August 8, new music will fill the 76m and 80m high platforms with live DJs playing an eclectic mix of tunes to a space theme. Tickers are £20.
On Friday, August 15, the UK’s tallest sculpture will host a silent disco with revellers able to text in requests as they flick between music channels. Tickets cost £17.50.
Finally, on Friday, August 22, the official launch party for East London Radio will see the station broadcast straight from the 114.5m summit with live DJ sets to listen to while enjoying the chill out area and views. Tickets cost £17.50.
You may also want to watch:
Food and drinks will be on sale on each night.
Tickets are limited and can be booked online by arcelormittalorbit.com by calling 0333 800 8099 or visiting the office at the bottom of the Orbit.
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 5 Neighbours call for mortuary car wash plans to be reversed
- 6 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 7 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 8 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 9 Pressure mounts on town hall with second Stratford Circus protest
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences