Olympic Games signs to finally come down by the end of October
They were a colourful confirmation of the fact the Olympics had well and truly arrived in London.
But by the end of next month, the eye-catching magenta London 2012 themed insignia will be completely removed from the underground network.
Those that remain only serve as a reminder of this summer’s excitement, now a distant memory.
A Transport for London spokesman said the signage was being taken down from now.
She said: “As you can imagine there are a lot of them but they are coming down as we speak.
You may also want to watch:
“It took about six weeks to put up. As suspected – it will take a little while longer to remove the signs inside the Tube carriages.”
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show
- 9 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 10 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town