Olympic Games signs to finally come down by the end of October
They were a colourful confirmation of the fact the Olympics had well and truly arrived in London.
But by the end of next month, the eye-catching magenta London 2012 themed insignia will be completely removed from the underground network.
Those that remain only serve as a reminder of this summer’s excitement, now a distant memory.
A Transport for London spokesman said the signage was being taken down from now.
She said: “As you can imagine there are a lot of them but they are coming down as we speak.
You may also want to watch:
“It took about six weeks to put up. As suspected – it will take a little while longer to remove the signs inside the Tube carriages.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 8 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley