Olympic Games force changes to Newham bus routes
Newham residents can expect to see buses using the borough’s roads more often during the Olympic Games.
The changes will apply from the day of the opening ceremony on July 27 to the closing ceremony on August 12. Stratford bus station will also be shut during the event.
John Biggs, London Assembly member for City and East, has asked regular bus users to contact him with their views to pass on to Transport for London (TfL).
Alterations will also come into effect during the Paralympics from August 29 to September 9.
Route 69, which goes from Walthamstow to Canning Town, will be increased from seven buses an hour to nine on Monday to Sunday daytimes, from five buses to six in the evenings and from two to five at night.
Route 115, which serves East Ham, is increased to nine buses every hour during the day. The frequency is also upped to 7.5 buses every hour in the evenings and on Sundays.
The Stratford to Barking 238 will run three buses per hour during the night, and route 257 will be increased to 10 buses per hour every day.
- 1 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 2 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 3 E-fit released after woman sexually assaulted in Newham
- 4 Architects chosen to lead 1,750 home Canning Town masterplan design
- 5 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 6 Antonio hopes short summer break helps West Ham bid
- 7 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
- 8 Revealed: Cause of Plaistow tower block fire which left 5 men in hospital
- 9 Manor Park house fire leaves adults and child in hospital
- 10 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
Route 276 will be diverted away from Manor Road to instead run via route 69 between Canning Town and Plaistow Road.
This is because of the closure of the road outside West Ham station.
The diversion will apply during a test event between May 4 and 7 and the duration of the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Route 425, which travels from Stratford to Clapton, will be increased to eight buses an hour during the Olympics and six during the Paralympics from the current five.