Olympic Fun Day in Canning Town for disabled children and their families
Disabled children and young people enjoyed an Olympic Fun Day with their families in Canning Town.
A number of local services and charities got together to make the day possible for the 3H’s Newham Independent Parent Forum at the Hermit Road Recreation Ground in Bethell Avenue.
The 3H’s have been supporting families with disabilities for two years from their base in Plaistow and their fun day was organised with the help of Community Links, Lambourne End and Parent Partnership Service.
Activities on offer included a number of sports and physical activities designed with disabled children and those with learning difficulties in mind.
Newham Council also helped, providing a grant through their “Get the Party Started” scheme of �465.
You may also want to watch:
To get involved with The 3H’s, visit 99-101 Dongola Rd West, Plaistow, London E13 0AN every Monday to Friday from 10am to 12pm term time, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07805181084.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work