Olympic Fun Day in Canning Town for disabled children and their families
Disabled children and young people enjoyed an Olympic Fun Day with their families in Canning Town.
A number of local services and charities got together to make the day possible for the 3H’s Newham Independent Parent Forum at the Hermit Road Recreation Ground in Bethell Avenue.
The 3H’s have been supporting families with disabilities for two years from their base in Plaistow and their fun day was organised with the help of Community Links, Lambourne End and Parent Partnership Service.
Activities on offer included a number of sports and physical activities designed with disabled children and those with learning difficulties in mind.
Newham Council also helped, providing a grant through their “Get the Party Started” scheme of �465.
You may also want to watch:
To get involved with The 3H’s, visit 99-101 Dongola Rd West, Plaistow, London E13 0AN every Monday to Friday from 10am to 12pm term time, email email@example.com or call 07805181084.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 5 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 9 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation