Olympic football tickets now on sale
Over a million and a half London 2012 Olympic football tickets are now on sale on a first come, first served system.
Prices will start at �20 for adults, with special prices available for young people and seniors, games organisers LOCOG revealed today.
Team GB, coached by Stuart Pearce, will kick off their their hunt for gold at Old Trafford on July 26 while the women’s team, under Hope Powell, will begin on July 25 at the Millennium Stadium.
The Official Draw will be staged on April 24 at Wembley Stadium, when all group fixtures will be decided for all venues.
Tickets are now available at www.tickets.london2012.com and via telephone on 0844 847 2012. Matches will take place at City of Coventry Stadium, Hampden Park, Millennium Stadium, Old Trafford, St James Park and Wembley Stadium.
You may also want to watch:
LOCOG CEO Paul Deighton said “As a football loving nation, bringing the Games to the whole of the UK allows everyone to share in the excitement while showing their support for Team GB.
- 1 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 9 241-home development at Royal Albert Wharf marks 12-storey milestone
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber