Olympic football tickets now on sale
Over a million and a half London 2012 Olympic football tickets are now on sale on a first come, first served system.
Prices will start at �20 for adults, with special prices available for young people and seniors, games organisers LOCOG revealed today.
Team GB, coached by Stuart Pearce, will kick off their their hunt for gold at Old Trafford on July 26 while the women’s team, under Hope Powell, will begin on July 25 at the Millennium Stadium.
The Official Draw will be staged on April 24 at Wembley Stadium, when all group fixtures will be decided for all venues.
Tickets are now available at www.tickets.london2012.com and via telephone on 0844 847 2012. Matches will take place at City of Coventry Stadium, Hampden Park, Millennium Stadium, Old Trafford, St James Park and Wembley Stadium.
You may also want to watch:
LOCOG CEO Paul Deighton said “As a football loving nation, bringing the Games to the whole of the UK allows everyone to share in the excitement while showing their support for Team GB.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking