Olympians join children’s fun run in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters took part in a fun run with a difference as they raced Olympians and television stars around Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
The 6,000 children, aged between five and 10, took on the challenge as part of yesterday’s Go Run For Fun event.
The two kilometre course was the largest run put on by the charitable foundation, which promotes running among children.
Olympic champion Daley Thompson led the charge and handed out some of the prizes. He said: “It was a fantastic day for all the children. “Everyone had a great time and also learnt a bit more about the importance of healthy eating and exercise.”
He was joined by athletes Colin Jackson and Louise Hazel, plus reality TV stars Ricky Rayment and Sam Thompson.
You may also want to watch:
The day also included an interactive activity zone and a round table duscussion about childhood obesity.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week