Official opening for Plaistow’s new fire station
- Credit: Archant
The new Plaistow fire station has been officially opened by the Mayor of Newham, Sir Robin Wales.
He unveiled a plaque at the state-of-the-art building in Prince Regent Lane yesterday before embarking on a tour of the site.
The station was one of nine in London to be rebuilt as part of a private finance initiative, replacing the one that had stood on the same site since 1931.
It now boasts specialist training facilities and a modern working environment that can be used by firefighters from across London.
London Fire Brigade commissioner Ron Dobson said: “This brand new fire station is fantastic for the local community it serves, as well as for the firefighters who can now benefit from the new facilities.
You may also want to watch:
“Plaistow is now home to one of the best and most modern fire stations in London which must be very reassuring for local people.”
Sir Robin added: “Plaistow’s new fire station is a very welcome addition to Newham and will help ensure that our residents and those in neighbouring boroughs have a facility that is fit for purpose.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 6 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 10 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
“I’m pleased to unveil the plaque and officially open this fantastic new fire station which I hope will serve our community for many more years to come.”
Crews began operating from the new station in June.