O’s renew Win A Pro Contract deal with Samsung
- Credit: Peter Powell
Leyton Orient sign up for a second season with Samsung initiative
Samsung Electronics UK has renewed its Win A Pro Contract partnership with Leyton Orient for the 2013/14 season.
Win A Pro Contract is a nationwide competition that gives amateur footballers at the grassroots of the game the opportunity to win a one-year professional playing contract.
League One Orient is one of three clubs signed up to a Samsung Win A Pro Contract partnership, alongside League One Swindon Town and League Two Wycombe Wanderers.
J Y Kim, Deputy Managing Director, Samsung UK and Ireland, said: “We are delighted to be partnering with Leyton Orient for a second season.
You may also want to watch:
“We are looking forward to the team performing well on the pitch, and to watching the progress of Samsung Win A Pro Contract winner 2012/2013 Jack Sherratt.
“We are very happy that Leyton Orient will be working with Samsung once again on Win A Pro Contract, and providing another hard working young person with a life-changing opportunity as a professional footballer.”
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 6 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 7 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 8 Levels youngsters sign Premier League and Football League contracts
- 9 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 10 Connor Wood keen to keep developing at Leyton Orient under Kenny Jackett
O’s Chairman Barry Hearn said: “We’re delighted to have extended our partnership with Samsung for a second year.
“The Win A Pro Contract initiative was extremely successful this season, and we look forward to welcoming the winner, Jack Sherratt, in to our first team squad, as well as continuing to work with Samsung’s team to build the relationship further.”