O’s renew Win A Pro Contract deal with Samsung
- Credit: Peter Powell
Leyton Orient sign up for a second season with Samsung initiative
Samsung Electronics UK has renewed its Win A Pro Contract partnership with Leyton Orient for the 2013/14 season.
Win A Pro Contract is a nationwide competition that gives amateur footballers at the grassroots of the game the opportunity to win a one-year professional playing contract.
League One Orient is one of three clubs signed up to a Samsung Win A Pro Contract partnership, alongside League One Swindon Town and League Two Wycombe Wanderers.
J Y Kim, Deputy Managing Director, Samsung UK and Ireland, said: “We are delighted to be partnering with Leyton Orient for a second season.
“We are looking forward to the team performing well on the pitch, and to watching the progress of Samsung Win A Pro Contract winner 2012/2013 Jack Sherratt.
“We are very happy that Leyton Orient will be working with Samsung once again on Win A Pro Contract, and providing another hard working young person with a life-changing opportunity as a professional footballer.”
- 1 Alexandra Burke: Stratford Christmas concert cancelled over 'safety fears'
- 2 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 3 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 4 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 5 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 6 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 7 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 8 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 9 Newham residents urged to shop local on Small Business Saturday
- 10 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
O’s Chairman Barry Hearn said: “We’re delighted to have extended our partnership with Samsung for a second year.
“The Win A Pro Contract initiative was extremely successful this season, and we look forward to welcoming the winner, Jack Sherratt, in to our first team squad, as well as continuing to work with Samsung’s team to build the relationship further.”