O’s boss Slade keen for fans to come out in force at Notts County
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Leyton Orient boss Russell Slade is calling on the fans to back the club in their numbers at Notts County tonight.
Slade’s fate at Brisbane Road will hinge on tonight’s result after chairman and owner Francesco Becchetti passed on a message via sporting director Mauro Milanese that he had one game to save his job.
Fans have reacted in their numbers, with many disappointed at the decision made by Becchetti to put this pressure on a boss who has taken the O’s to the verge of Championship football last season.
And Slade is after the fans to continue their support of the team on the road, while he’s also been humbled by the messages he’s heard.
“From what I have seen and what I’m told, I’m very humbled and very proud of the supporters being behind me for the four and a half years I have been at the football club and I don’t think that will change overnight as well,” said Slade.
“They’ll be there and it’s very important to stay with the side and with me. Hopefully we can register one or two positive results.”
- 1 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 2 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 3 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 4 Sixth form rated Outstanding in all categories by Ofsted
- 5 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 6 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 7 Free waffles for first customers at Royal Wharf Creams Café
- 8 Mother and daughter, 3, left without boiler as temperatures hit freezing
- 9 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 10 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'