North Woolwich youth mentor wins celebrity makeover with Louise Redknapp
A hardworking North Woolwich resident won a makeover with TV personality Louise Redknapp after leaving her job to mentor young people.
Michelle Prichard, 28, who left her office job to start a youth mentoring business, entered a Schwarzkopf Live Salon Style competition on Facebook and won a VIP makeover day in London with Louise, a team of celebrity stylists and a glamorous photoshoot.
Michelle said: “I recently took a brave leap of faith in order to pursue a more heartfelt direction and set up my business, which includes youth mentoring and motivational speaking.
“As much as I love my new job and life now, I just don’t have the money to spend on myself, which means I rarely have time to pamper myslef and spend time on me.”
Michelle added: “I am often told I look a lot younger than I am. Which is good in some respects but it can often hold me back as I am not taken seriously in my profession.
You may also want to watch:
“I just wanted to feel good in myself, hold my head up high and indulge in a bit of me time.”
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 3 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 4 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 5 West Ham start at Newcastle as Premier League fixtures released
- 6 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 7 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses