North Woolwich youth mentor wins celebrity makeover with Louise Redknapp
A hardworking North Woolwich resident won a makeover with TV personality Louise Redknapp after leaving her job to mentor young people.
Michelle Prichard, 28, who left her office job to start a youth mentoring business, entered a Schwarzkopf Live Salon Style competition on Facebook and won a VIP makeover day in London with Louise, a team of celebrity stylists and a glamorous photoshoot.
Michelle said: “I recently took a brave leap of faith in order to pursue a more heartfelt direction and set up my business, which includes youth mentoring and motivational speaking.
“As much as I love my new job and life now, I just don’t have the money to spend on myself, which means I rarely have time to pamper myslef and spend time on me.”
Michelle added: “I am often told I look a lot younger than I am. Which is good in some respects but it can often hold me back as I am not taken seriously in my profession.
You may also want to watch:
“I just wanted to feel good in myself, hold my head up high and indulge in a bit of me time.”
- 1 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 2 Women rescued as flat destroyed in Custom House blaze
- 3 Up to 100 drivers thwarted in crackdown on car meets in Newham
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 5 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 6 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 7 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 10 DJ's fundraising bid to help twin return home after months in hospital