No buses running on many Newham routes
- Credit: Archant
Some of the borough’s busiest bus routes have no service this afternoon, leaving commuters facing a long journey home.
Drivers across London are involved in a 24 hour strike over pay inequality, with Transport for London estimating a third of buses that usually operate are currently running.
Route 5, between Canning Town and Romford, has no service, as does the 101 from Wanstead to Gallions Reach.
Commuters who usually board a bus at Stratford cannot get the 104 to Manor Park, the 238 to Barking, the 241 to Prince Regent and the 473 to North Woolwich.
The 366 from Beckton to Redbridge and the 323 from Canning Town to Mile End are also not running.
You may also want to watch:
Routes running a reduced service include the 69 from Canning Town to Walthamstow and the 115 from East Ham to Aldgate.
A limited service is in operation on the 97 from Stratford to Chingford, the 147 from Prince Regent to Ilford and the 158 from Stratford to Chingford Mount.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 What's on across east London this weekend?
Bus and tram season ticket holders will be accepted on the Tube, DLR and London Overground on reasonable routes, as will 11-15 and 16+ photocard holders.
Passengers should show their Oyster card to a member of staff to be let through and not touch in or out, otherwise a pay as you go fare will be charged and not refunded.
Tickets will not be accepted on National Rail services or the Emirates Air Line.