NFL team Jacksonville Jaguars to touch down at Westfield Stratford City backed by cheerleaders
- Credit: Archant
Top American football team the Jacksonville Jaguars will be touching down at Westfield Stratford City to give fans a chance to get up close and personal with their favourite players.
The Florida-based National Football League (NFL) team, which has committed to playing one game a season at Wembley Stadium for three years, will be taking over the Newham mega mall this Saturday, May 10, backed by a chorus of glamorous cheerleaders.
At the same time stateside one of the biggest weekend’s in the NFL calendar – the draft pick – will see teams choose from the most talented new players to boost their numbers.
Visiting player, Johnathan Cyprien, said he couldn’t wait to come back to London after playing in an away game last October.
“I had never been to the UK before last season’s game and the support we received from the people of London and the UK was incredible. We had a fantastic time meeting with the UK fans so we’re definitely looking forward to doing that again.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully lots of people will come down to Westfield and join in with the excitement.
“Everyone’s welcome, whether they’re fans of the Jags or other teams, and hopefully we’ll get people there who haven’t really experienced much around American football previously. We love the chance to show people what it’s all about!”
- 1 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 4 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 5 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 6 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 7 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 8 Court date adjourned for Beckton man who sexually assaulted young girl
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
The free event, called Jaguars Live @ Westfield, will include a chance to meet the players and cheerleaders alongside interactive games and giveaways.
Cheerleaders the Roar of the Jaguars will also be hosting a free master class on the day for girls aged eight to 16, at Westfield’s Chestnut Plaza from 9.30am to 11am.
No previous experience is required but places are limited and applications close at midnight on the May 1. Visit nfluk.com/junior-roar-academy to register for a place.
Announcements on the players attending will be made in the coming days, check jaguars.com/uk for more.