NewVIC college students cycle from Paris to Plaistow
A group of NewVIc staff students took to their bikes and rode more than 300km from Paris to the Plaistow college.
Cyclists Joel Alarcon, Herick Moukodi, Jean-Paul Monnet, Peter Sinal, and Rihards Golsts (CORR) put the Easter break to good use by visiting a school in the French capital, Lycee Montesquieu in le Plessis Robinson,
Here, they took part in sports activities with the school’s pupils and took in the sights before setting off back home.
Riding an estimated 60km a day for five days, the group passed through Gisors, Forges, Dieppe, Grombridge.
They also took advantage of the activities on offer. They included cheese and cider making, and visits to a medieval castle and a eco-friendly house.
You may also want to watch:
The trip was organised by Jean-Paul Monnet, who is teaching sport at NewVIc this year as part of the Jules Verne exchange programme.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation