Newham youngsters urged to sign up for Sign2Sing
Schools across Newham are being urged to take part in an annual fundraiser for a national Deaf healthcare charity.
Those who get involved in SignHealth’s sign2sing Guinness World Record breaking attempt next Februry will have access to digital resources developed by the charity in partnership with Digital Giving.
Steve Powell, Chief Executive at SignHealth, the healthcare charity for Deaf people, said: “The digital resource pack will be available to all schools that register for sign2sing, which is the attempt for the most people signing and singing at the same time, and will include a free whiteboard app.
“We are also hoping to increase Deaf awareness by introducing some basic sign language among a younger generation and believe Digital Giving Ltd has the skills and creativity to help us get the message across to more schools and pupils, including those from Newham, in a fun and entertaining way.”
Sign2sing is SignHealth’s world record breaking attempt for the most people signing and singing a song at the same time while also raising money for the charity.
You may also want to watch:
On February 6, 2013 young people from all over the country and overseas will sign and sing a song, entitled ‘sign2sing’, which has been composed especially for the event.
The money raised from the event will be used to continue the charity’s work to improve the mental and physical health and well-being of Deaf people, including children.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 5 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
Schools interested in taking part can register their interest on the website www.sign2sing.org.uk.
For more information about sign2sing, visit the website or contact SignHealth on 01494 687600.