Newham volunteers needed to tidy parks, gardens, and charity shops
Do your bit to spruce up Newham by taking part in a number of planned activities for Make a Difference Day.
Community Service Volunteers (CSV) are promoting the day on Saturday October 27 by holding a number of clean ups and decorative events to get residents involved in sprucing up the borough.
Volunteers will be joined by staff from Barclays bank in Beckton District Park for a two-day makeover on Wednesday October 24 to 26 where they will repaint the pavilion building and tidy the lake area.
On Wednesday October 31, budding artists will share their skills in a workshop at the Asta Community Hub in Silvertown with all the pieces created adorning a wall in a new community garden.
A fun day of children’s activities are planned at Ashburton Wood in Canning Town on Friday November 2 where famnilies are invited to help litter pick the park.
You may also want to watch:
Charity shops are also welcoming volunteers during the period to sort, display, and sell donated items.
Individuals, companies, community groups, and schools can get involved by visiting www.csv.org.uk/difference or calling 0800 284 533.
- 1 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 4 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 5 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 6 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 7 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 8 Court date adjourned for Beckton man who sexually assaulted young girl
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim