Newham sporting schemes nominated for award
- Credit: Archant
Every Child A Sportsperson has been nominated for a London Sport Award.
The council-run scheme is nominated in the supporting grassroots organisations category.
ActiveNewham and Beat the Street have both been shortlisted in the making it easier category.
It is the first time the awards, which recognise success across the capital, are being held.
Peter Fitzboydon, CEO of London Sport, said:
You may also want to watch:
“We are delighted to be able to showcase the impact of the best activities and most inspirational individuals from the past year, and look forward to celebrating with some incredible sporting figures at the awards ceremony.”
The winners will be announced on January 21.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week