Newham slimming guru meets reality star Mark Wright
The only way was star-struck for a weight-loss guru who met reality TV star Mark Wright at a swanky awards ceremony.
Hannah Jeeves, who runs weekly Slimming World groups in Tower Hamlets and Newham, was at the organisation’s annual bash in Birmingham recently to celebrate the year’s most successful dieters.
Mark Wright, who shot to fame on ITV’s The Only Way is Essex and now presents Take Me Out: The Gossip, hosted the ceremony.
He said: “I was absolutely blown away by the people who joined us on stage. I couldn’t believe how much weight they’d lost and what a difference it had made to their lives – they were like completely different people.”
Hannah, who runs groups at East Ham’s St Bartholomew’s Church in Barking Road every Tuesday, and at Oxford House in Derbyshire Street in Bethnal Green every Wednesday, was thrilled to get the chance to pose for a photo with Mark.
You may also want to watch:
She said meeting the star was the perfect way to end 2012, and added: “At this time of year lots of people will be making New Year’s resolutions and pledging to lose weight, and we’d love anyone who wants to make a change to come along and join us.”
To find out more about local Slimming World groups, call Hannah on 07963 876299 or visit www.slimmingworld.com.
- 1 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 4 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 5 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
- 10 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case