Newham slimming guru meets reality star Mark Wright
The only way was star-struck for a weight-loss guru who met reality TV star Mark Wright at a swanky awards ceremony.
Hannah Jeeves, who runs weekly Slimming World groups in Tower Hamlets and Newham, was at the organisation’s annual bash in Birmingham recently to celebrate the year’s most successful dieters.
Mark Wright, who shot to fame on ITV’s The Only Way is Essex and now presents Take Me Out: The Gossip, hosted the ceremony.
He said: “I was absolutely blown away by the people who joined us on stage. I couldn’t believe how much weight they’d lost and what a difference it had made to their lives – they were like completely different people.”
Hannah, who runs groups at East Ham’s St Bartholomew’s Church in Barking Road every Tuesday, and at Oxford House in Derbyshire Street in Bethnal Green every Wednesday, was thrilled to get the chance to pose for a photo with Mark.
You may also want to watch:
She said meeting the star was the perfect way to end 2012, and added: “At this time of year lots of people will be making New Year’s resolutions and pledging to lose weight, and we’d love anyone who wants to make a change to come along and join us.”
To find out more about local Slimming World groups, call Hannah on 07963 876299 or visit www.slimmingworld.com.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 3 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 4 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 5 West Ham start at Newcastle as Premier League fixtures released
- 6 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 7 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses