Newham siblings part of dance troupe in Sky One final
- Credit: Archant
There might be eight years between them but Plaistow siblings Keaton and Kaiyan Edmund share a mutual love of dance - and are part of a dance troupe that has reached the final of Sky One’s Got to Dance.
At nine years old, Keaton is the youngest member of IMD Legion while big sister Kaiyan, 17, has been in the crew for more than three years.
The talented 23-strong troupe include two other sets of brother and sister duos who rehearse for more than 21 hours a week to fine tune their skills.
IMD Legion will give two performances in tomorrow’s final against eight other acts in an attempt to scoop the £250,000 prize.
Proud mum Lee Edmund said: “They [Kaiyan and Keaton] just love dancing and they are both very active.
You may also want to watch:
“It gives them a way of expressing themselves and it is like a family to them. All the kids are absolutely brilliant and are working so hard.”
IMD Legion are lead by Rokeby School teacher Omar Ansah-Awuah, who founded the group, and Warren Gordon-Scott.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 7 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham
*The Got to Dance final will air on Sky One at 6.30pm tomorrow night