Newham security guards pass inspection
Three security guards working in Newham received formal warnings after breaching their licence conditions.
The workers were caught by the Security Industry Authority (SIA) failing to display their licence while on duty.
But checks on 25 security staff working at 20 sites across the borough showed that all held a valid SIA licence.
The SIA is the organisation responsible for regulating the private security industry in the UK.
Head of investigation Jacquie Parker said: “I am pleased with the results of this random compliance operation.
You may also want to watch:
“The security staff we checked were deployed by a number of security suppliers so it is reassuring that all operatives were working legally.”
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 6 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 7 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 8 Protesters target DSEI arms fair at ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Woman arrested on suspicion of murder after man fatally stabbed
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k