Newham’s young musicians take part in national cultural scheme
- Credit: Archant
A leading music hub is taking part in a new initiative based on cultural education.
Newham Music Trust are taking part in The Cultural Education Challenge - a scheme launched by Arts Council England.
The scheme will call out to the arts, culture and education sectors to work together to offer high-quality cultural education for all children and young people throughout the country.
Tom Kerstens, Newham Music Trust’s CEO, said: “We are thrilled to be part of the exciting East London Cultural Education Partnership, and the Creative Schools programme, to ensure that high-quality cultural education is available to all children and young people throughout the borough.”
The scheme aims to give children and young people the opportunity to create and participate in arts and culture activities in and outside of school.
You may also want to watch:
If your school would like to be part of the Cultural Education Challenge in Newham please contact email@example.com
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 8 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 9 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?