Newham’s verdict on House of Lords reform
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Last week our Big Debate asked if the House of Lords should be 11 per cent democratically elected.
After voting in last week’s Big Debate poll, readers sided in favour of reforming the House of Lords.
The poll question, and its results, are listed below.
Big Debate: Should the House of Lords be 100pc democratically elected?
You may also want to watch:
Be sure to vote in this week’s Big Debate on the UK’s killing of a Cardiff-born ISIS recruit by clocking the link above this article.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 7 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham