Newham’s talented young urged to rise to Glee challenge
- Credit: Archant
Talented youngsters who fancy performing at the O2 Arena and a share of £5,000 can enter this year’s Glee Club challenge.
Entries have now opened for the Jack Petchey Glee Club Challenge 2013. The music and dance project is aimed at young performers in Newham with a chance to win a share of £5,000 in prizes and perform at London’s IndigO2 at The O2 Arena on November 24 2013.
TV’s Graham Norton, Patron of the Challenge, will head the judging panel at the spectacular Gala Final.
Over 800 performers have taken part in the competition since it launched in 2011. It’s a flagship programme of the Jack Petchey Foundation inspired by the successful and award winning Glee TV series. The challenge is open to schools, youth clubs, drama and dance groups, friends with a passion for performing, established groups or those just starting out.
Entrants must be aged between 11 and 25 and groups must number between eight and 30 performers.
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.gleeclubchallenge.co.uk to enter and for more details. Closing date is June 28.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 7 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 8 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross