Newham’s Christmas shoppers can park free at council run car parks
Residents out doing their shopping will be able to take advantage of free parking at five council-run car parks for four days in the lead up to Christmas.
Free parking will be available on December 13, 16, 20 and 23 at the following car parks:
• St John’s Road East, East Ham
• St John’s Road West, East Ham
• Madge Gill Way, East Ham
You may also want to watch:
• Shaftesbury Road, Upton Park
• Queens Market, Upton Park.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 4 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 5 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
- 6 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 7 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 8 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
Newham Council is reminding motorists that they must still park legally within bay markings. If they park in a disabled bay they must display a valid Blue Badge or they face a penalty charge notice being issued.
Councillor Ian Corbett, executive member for infrastructure and environment, said: “We want to support businesses by encouraging residents to shop locally in the lead up to Christmas.”