Newham’s Christmas shoppers can park free at council run car parks
Residents out doing their shopping will be able to take advantage of free parking at five council-run car parks for four days in the lead up to Christmas.
Free parking will be available on December 13, 16, 20 and 23 at the following car parks:
• St John’s Road East, East Ham
• St John’s Road West, East Ham
• Madge Gill Way, East Ham
You may also want to watch:
• Shaftesbury Road, Upton Park
• Queens Market, Upton Park.
- 1 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 4 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 5 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
- 10 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
Newham Council is reminding motorists that they must still park legally within bay markings. If they park in a disabled bay they must display a valid Blue Badge or they face a penalty charge notice being issued.
Councillor Ian Corbett, executive member for infrastructure and environment, said: “We want to support businesses by encouraging residents to shop locally in the lead up to Christmas.”