Newham’s Baby Blog: “I want to be the kind of mum that will inspire them, that they can be proud of”
- Credit: Archant
2013 is set to be the Year of the Royal Baby. So the Recorder is happy to introduce Newham’s very own mum-to-be, Shara Bennett, who is due to give birth around the same time as Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge. Shara will be writing fortnightly baby blogs so readers can follow her story right up until the birth itself in July.
I could not believe it had only taken three months to get pregnant!
This baby had been planned with precision and now here I was, positive test in hand.
I currently live in North Woolwich with my wonderful partner Kevin who is a constant support, even when I am being a bit of a pain, and my two beautiful daughters, Acacia aged 10 and Amelia aged four. They are my world.
I had not long finished three years of hard work, blood, sweat, and tears to get myself through university. 90 per cent of my focus was my girls. I want to be the kind of mum that will inspire them and that they can be proud of.
You may also want to watch:
I was a 19-year-old single mum when I had my first child Acacia.
Being 30 and having my third child, I definitely notice the difference in the toll it takes on my body compared to back then.
- 1 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 4 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 5 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 6 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 7 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 8 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
Especially when you add another child, a partner, working, and a home to run into the equation, it’s easy to see why I feel like I have less of a spring in my step this time around!
This is going to be my third baby, but it is in fact my fourth pregnancy.
I was unfortunate to experience a miscarriage in October 2011. Although I was only in my first trimester when it happened, it was still an extremely painful and traumatic experience.
That experience made this pregnancy even more special and exciting.
I won’t pretend that I haven’t had moments that I have been worried sick about something going wrong.
I was a worry wart until I had my 12 week scan and finally got to see my baby and hear the heartbeat.
A miscarriage is an awful thing to go through, but just like me, women do get through it and come out strong the other side.
I am now almost 22 weeks through my pregnancy, due on July 27. I know that I am carrying another baby girl, so my poor partner will soon have a harem of his own!
She is doing well and is a proper little gymnast in there already! The third trimester is only a blink away!