Newham’s Arfah helps young people find their strengths with website
- Credit: Archant
A young woman has found herself running a new website to help young unemployed people identify their strengths to help them find a job.
Arfah Farooq, 21, from West Ham, did so well during the pilot phase developing the Discoverables website that she has been appointed company director.
Over 2,000 people have visited the site, a project funded by social investor Nominet Trust and the Design Council as part of the national Working Well Design Challenge, that encourages young people to undertake tasks to identify their skills and show them how to demonstrate them to potential employers.
Arfah said: “I’ve had the chance to take a simple idea and develop it into this exciting new website.
“Now that I’m also one of the co-founders, I’m excited to take the service forward and develop it into a fully functional social enterprise and build partnerships with progressive organisations.”
You may also want to watch:
More information can be found at www.discoverabl.es.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 Neighbour reports 'intolerable' antisocial car meets around ABBA Arena building site
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 6 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 7 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 8 Campaigners claim ULEZ expansion benefit 'undone' by Silvertown Tunnel project
- 9 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 10 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate