Newham’s Arfah helps young people find their strengths with website
- Credit: Archant
A young woman has found herself running a new website to help young unemployed people identify their strengths to help them find a job.
Arfah Farooq, 21, from West Ham, did so well during the pilot phase developing the Discoverables website that she has been appointed company director.
Over 2,000 people have visited the site, a project funded by social investor Nominet Trust and the Design Council as part of the national Working Well Design Challenge, that encourages young people to undertake tasks to identify their skills and show them how to demonstrate them to potential employers.
Arfah said: “I’ve had the chance to take a simple idea and develop it into this exciting new website.
“Now that I’m also one of the co-founders, I’m excited to take the service forward and develop it into a fully functional social enterprise and build partnerships with progressive organisations.”
You may also want to watch:
More information can be found at www.discoverabl.es.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 8 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 9 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
- 10 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final