Newham’s Arfah helps young people find their strengths with website
- Credit: Archant
A young woman has found herself running a new website to help young unemployed people identify their strengths to help them find a job.
Arfah Farooq, 21, from West Ham, did so well during the pilot phase developing the Discoverables website that she has been appointed company director.
Over 2,000 people have visited the site, a project funded by social investor Nominet Trust and the Design Council as part of the national Working Well Design Challenge, that encourages young people to undertake tasks to identify their skills and show them how to demonstrate them to potential employers.
Arfah said: “I’ve had the chance to take a simple idea and develop it into this exciting new website.
“Now that I’m also one of the co-founders, I’m excited to take the service forward and develop it into a fully functional social enterprise and build partnerships with progressive organisations.”
You may also want to watch:
More information can be found at www.discoverabl.es.
- 1 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 2 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 3 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 4 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 7 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 8 Elections: London mayor and Assembly member, East Ham cllr and referendum
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum