Newham’s Arfah helps young people find their strengths with website
- Credit: Archant
A young woman has found herself running a new website to help young unemployed people identify their strengths to help them find a job.
Arfah Farooq, 21, from West Ham, did so well during the pilot phase developing the Discoverables website that she has been appointed company director.
Over 2,000 people have visited the site, a project funded by social investor Nominet Trust and the Design Council as part of the national Working Well Design Challenge, that encourages young people to undertake tasks to identify their skills and show them how to demonstrate them to potential employers.
Arfah said: “I’ve had the chance to take a simple idea and develop it into this exciting new website.
“Now that I’m also one of the co-founders, I’m excited to take the service forward and develop it into a fully functional social enterprise and build partnerships with progressive organisations.”
You may also want to watch:
More information can be found at www.discoverabl.es.
- 1 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 2 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 3 Eight-year-old girl from Canning Town publishes book to help children with grief
- 4 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 5 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 6 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 7 Newham Council is making a difference
- 8 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- 9 Leyton Orient announce Embleton exit
- 10 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland