Newham Roma orchestra tutor’s awe at ‘genetic’ musical ability
- Credit: Archant
There are four music tutors in the orchestra – two Roma, two non-Roma.
One of the latter is Romanian violinist Ady Hudescu.
“I feel more familiar with Roma culture because of where I’m from,” he says. “And they have an amazing natural gift for music.
“Just as South Americans do for football – I think it’s genetic.”
Ady has been extremely impressed by Darius, who he personally tutors and who he believes could become a professional.
You may also want to watch:
“We are probably the only group like this in the whole country,” he says. “But there is still lots to be done – especially on numbers.
“We need people to actually know that we’re here.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property