Newham roads affected by PrudentialRide London and triathlon
- Credit: Jon Buckle
Motorists will face disruption over the next two weekends as cyclists take to the roads for a series of events.
On Sunday, thousands of amateur cyclists will depart from Stratford’s Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park for PrudentialRide London, a 100-mile trip.
Waterden Road near to the park will be closed between 4-10.30am, while the closure of East India Dock Road on the A13 could also hamper progress for those travelling from Newham.
“There is no other closed-road event like it that combines the fun and accessible element of a free family ride in central London with the excitement of watching the world’s best professional cyclists race in the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey Classic and Prudential RideLondon Grand Prix,” reads a comment on the event website.
Meanwhile, the AJ Bell London Triathlon the following weekend will see cyclists ride from Butcher Row to Gallions Reach Roundabout on Sunday, August 9, involving the closure of Limehouse Link Tunnel, Aspen Way and Lower Lea Crossing.
You may also want to watch:
Drivers are encouraged to seek an alternative route via A13 and A406, or Silverton Way and North Greenwich.
A one-way access will be in place from East India Dock Road. The diversion will take traffic down Leamouth Road, along Orchard Place, under the Lower Lea Crossing, back to Leamouth Road Roundabout to Newport Avenue.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 7 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham
This is for local access only, and motorists are advised that this diversion will not allow access to The Highway.
For full details about this weekend’s closures, go to prudentialridelondon.co.uk. To find out more about triathlon road closures on August 8/9, go to newham.gov.uk