Newham residents reminded to renew Freedom Passes urgently
- Credit: Archant
Newham council has said many Freedom Pass holders in Newham still need to renew their passes by the end of this month to avoid deactivation.
Older Persons Freedom Passes must be renewed online at the London Council’s Freedom Pass website by March 31.
Holders of a Disabled Persons Freedom Pass are urged to visit East Ham Customer Service Centre in Barking Road as soon as possible to book an appointment for a reassessment.
Residents without a computer can visit any library to receive support to get online.
Newham council says all the borough’s 3,725 Freedom Pass holders, whose pass expired at the end of March, received a letter in January reminding them about the renewal date.
Some of these individuals have yet to act. Anyone who has not received this letter is asked to contact London Councils via click here or call 0300 330 1433.
You may also want to watch:
The Freedom Pass enables older adults to travel on public transport for free across London and on localised bus routes through England.
Pass holders whose passes do not expire at the end of this month do not need to do anything.
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 5 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 6 Neighbours call for mortuary car wash plans to be reversed
- 7 Pressure mounts on town hall with second Stratford Circus protest
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 'We love away days' says West Ham star Declan Rice
- 10 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
There are 1.2 million Freedom Pass users in London. Of these, around 167,000 will expire on March 31.