Newham police officer died of gunshot wound to the head
A firearms officer found dead at North Woolwich police station died from a gunshot wound to the head
A firearms officer found dead at North Woolwich police station died from a gunshot wound to the head.
The Pc was was discovered by a work colleague at the station on Sunday afternoon.
The male Pc, in his 30s, was discovered seriously injured at 2.30pm. He was pronounced dead despite the efforts of paramedics 20 minutes later.
No members of the public were at the station, which is essential as a base for staff and equipment now, at the time of the officer’s death.
You may also want to watch:
The officer worked within the Aviation Security Command at London City Airport in Silvertown.
Police are not looking for anyone else in connection with the tragedy. A Scotland Yard spokesman said the officer’s next of kin had been informed. A report is being prepared for the coroner by officers from the Directorate of Professional Standards.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 5 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
A post mortem into the death of the officer was carried out at Walthamstow Coroner’s Court on Monday. It gave the cause of death as a gun shot wound to the head.
The officer’s death has stunned colleagues.
Locals in a nearby pub said they heard a gunshot just after 2pm. Others said they saw a number of police cars in Albert Road in the hours after the tragedy.