Newham police officer died of gunshot wound to the head
A firearms officer found dead at North Woolwich police station died from a gunshot wound to the head
A firearms officer found dead at North Woolwich police station died from a gunshot wound to the head.
The Pc was was discovered by a work colleague at the station on Sunday afternoon.
The male Pc, in his 30s, was discovered seriously injured at 2.30pm. He was pronounced dead despite the efforts of paramedics 20 minutes later.
No members of the public were at the station, which is essential as a base for staff and equipment now, at the time of the officer’s death.
You may also want to watch:
The officer worked within the Aviation Security Command at London City Airport in Silvertown.
Police are not looking for anyone else in connection with the tragedy. A Scotland Yard spokesman said the officer’s next of kin had been informed. A report is being prepared for the coroner by officers from the Directorate of Professional Standards.
- 1 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 2 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 3 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 4 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 5 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 6 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 7 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
A post mortem into the death of the officer was carried out at Walthamstow Coroner’s Court on Monday. It gave the cause of death as a gun shot wound to the head.
The officer’s death has stunned colleagues.
Locals in a nearby pub said they heard a gunshot just after 2pm. Others said they saw a number of police cars in Albert Road in the hours after the tragedy.