Newham opera group in tribute to Queen’s jubilee
�Carry on the Diamond Jubilee celebrations and toast the Queen with an operatic performance from some of East London’s most well respected singers.
The Food of Love presents Jubilate! an entertaining concert celebrating the 60 year reign of Her Majesty on Wednesday, 2pm at the Kenneth More Theatre, Oakfield Road, Ilford.
The Newham-based group will be performing arias and ensemble pieces written for royalty and about royalty mixing the serious and humorous, reverent and irreverent, the patriotic and the satirical.
Director and singer, Sovra Newman, said: “I am really looking forward to the real mix of music as we are doing a wide variety on the day.
“We also have a big finale planned that we hope the audience will join in with us.”
You may also want to watch:
There will be music from the likes of Handel, Mozart, Verdi, Gilbert & Sullivan, Noel Coward, and Flanders & Swann.
The Food of Love is a network of opera singers who have extensive experience, including West End musicals.
- 1 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 6 Free cultural events and family activities in the Royal Docks announced
- 7 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 8 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
Enjoy a complimentary cream team while being entertained by some of the best voices around in a fun celebration.
Tickets are �13.50 and are available from the box office on 020 8553 4466.