Newham opera group in tribute to Queen’s jubilee
�Carry on the Diamond Jubilee celebrations and toast the Queen with an operatic performance from some of East London’s most well respected singers.
The Food of Love presents Jubilate! an entertaining concert celebrating the 60 year reign of Her Majesty on Wednesday, 2pm at the Kenneth More Theatre, Oakfield Road, Ilford.
The Newham-based group will be performing arias and ensemble pieces written for royalty and about royalty mixing the serious and humorous, reverent and irreverent, the patriotic and the satirical.
Director and singer, Sovra Newman, said: “I am really looking forward to the real mix of music as we are doing a wide variety on the day.
“We also have a big finale planned that we hope the audience will join in with us.”
You may also want to watch:
There will be music from the likes of Handel, Mozart, Verdi, Gilbert & Sullivan, Noel Coward, and Flanders & Swann.
The Food of Love is a network of opera singers who have extensive experience, including West End musicals.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 6 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 10 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
Enjoy a complimentary cream team while being entertained by some of the best voices around in a fun celebration.
Tickets are �13.50 and are available from the box office on 020 8553 4466.