Newham newsreader nominated for journalist award
- Credit: Archant
The next Kate Adie or Kirsty Wark might just be living down the road from you.
Plaistow’s Kiran Kaur, 24, could be destined for great things after being nominated as the Outstanding Young Journalist of 2015 by the Asian Media Awards.
But the scribe, who went to Eastlea Community School and now works as a reporter and newsreader at KMFM in Kent, remains humble.
“I’m just thrilled to be part of the awards,” she said. “It is a huge honour – winning would be one of my greatest milestones.”
Kiran’s professional career is only three years old, but she has already worked on many hard-hitting stories – including a series on legal highs that was later used in a government review of the now-banned substances.
The winners will be announced in Manchester on Thursday, October 29.
- 1 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 6 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 7 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 8 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 9 There With You This Winter: Mayor offers £51m of funding for fuel poverty
- 10 Google rates the top vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your borough