Newham MPs organise first ever joint jobs fair
An employment event has been organised to cement the opportunities raised in Newham during the Olympic Games.
Stephen Timms and Lyn Brown will host the borough’s first ‘MPs Jobs and Apprenticeship Fair’ at West Ham United’s Upton Park stadium on September 14.
It has been arranged to help usher school leavers and graduates into their first jobs or back into work.
Recruitment experts will be on hand with interview and CV advice, and anybody interested can book them on the day.
Mr Timms said: “There will be something for everyone, with real jobs and apprenticeship opportunities available to apply for on the day.
“Whether you have been out of work for a while, have just started job hunting, know what you want to do, or still deciding, we can help.
“Come along and meet with local and national employers and apprenticeship providers.”
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 3 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 6 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 7 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 8 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 9 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 10 There With You This Winter: Mayor offers £51m of funding for fuel poverty
The MPs are working in partnership with Newham College, Newham Council, and Job Centre Plus.
Those getting Job Seekers Allowance should make a note of those they speak to at the fair, as it will count towards the weekly job seekers requirement.
Rupal Patel, community relations manager at London City Airport, said: “As one of the biggest employers in Newham, we are looking forward to the opportunity to meet people at the fair.
“(We will) discuss potential roles within the airport and provide information on how to apply for them.”
The fair, at the Boleyn Ground, Green Street, lasts from 10am to 4pm. To exhibit, or for more information, contact Stephen Timms on 0207 219 400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org