Newham MPs organise first ever joint jobs fair
An employment event has been organised to cement the opportunities raised in Newham during the Olympic Games.
Stephen Timms and Lyn Brown will host the borough’s first ‘MPs Jobs and Apprenticeship Fair’ at West Ham United’s Upton Park stadium on September 14.
It has been arranged to help usher school leavers and graduates into their first jobs or back into work.
Recruitment experts will be on hand with interview and CV advice, and anybody interested can book them on the day.
Mr Timms said: “There will be something for everyone, with real jobs and apprenticeship opportunities available to apply for on the day.
You may also want to watch:
“Whether you have been out of work for a while, have just started job hunting, know what you want to do, or still deciding, we can help.
“Come along and meet with local and national employers and apprenticeship providers.”
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 4 'Concern over reliability of cladding and fire safety assessments'
- 5 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 6 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans
- 7 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 8 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 9 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 10 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
The MPs are working in partnership with Newham College, Newham Council, and Job Centre Plus.
Those getting Job Seekers Allowance should make a note of those they speak to at the fair, as it will count towards the weekly job seekers requirement.
Rupal Patel, community relations manager at London City Airport, said: “As one of the biggest employers in Newham, we are looking forward to the opportunity to meet people at the fair.
“(We will) discuss potential roles within the airport and provide information on how to apply for them.”
The fair, at the Boleyn Ground, Green Street, lasts from 10am to 4pm. To exhibit, or for more information, contact Stephen Timms on 0207 219 400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org