Newham Mayor secures exclusive Olympic Park tickets deal for residents
Mayoir Sir Robin Wales has secured an exclusive Olympic Park tickets deal for residents
Mayor of Newham Sir Robin Wales has secured an exclusive tickets deal for residents that will offer them an amazing opportunity to soak up the atmosphere of the Olympic Park during the Games.
Sir Robin has agreed with the London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) that more than 14,000 Newham people will have access to priority tickets to the Park in Stratford for just �10 using a dedicated telephone hotline available from 11am on Thursday.
The Mayor said: “I’m pleased to have been able to secure exclusive tickets to the Olympic Park for residents to purchase. I’ve always said from day one that Newham is hosting this party on behalf of the nation so it is only right that local people be invited to it as well.
“I’ve listened to residents’ concerns about the cost and availability of tickets to Games events, so I’m delighted to have been able to negotiate this preferential deal with LOCOG on their behalf to get into the Park.
“Newham people deserve to be part of the Games and these tickets will allow people to experience the atmosphere of the Park, watch live sporting action on the big screens as well as enjoy the waterways and parklands.”
Tickets are �10 for adults and �5 for people aged 16 and under or 60 and over. The tickets do not allow access to any venue within the Park. As per all Olympic ticket sales, a charge of �6, which includes packing and secure delivery, will apply.
- 1 Convicted: Forest Gate man plotted contract killing of Rotterdam blogger
- 2 Men from Newham and Bow among seven jailed in organised crime crackdown
- 3 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 4 Motorcyclist, 19, died in hospital after A13 crash near Beckton flyover
- 5 New youth hub set for Stratford Park
- 6 Rail disruptions and roadworks in your area over the next week
- 7 100 people leave Stratford block of flats after fire breaks out
- 8 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 9 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 10 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
Numbers are limited so Newham residents need to act fast. Tickets are available for morning and evening sessions during the first week of the Olympic Games and will be sold on a first come, first served basis.
Tickets will only be distributed to addresses in Newham and the other host boroughs. They are available via a dedicated ticket sales line on 0844 248 5136 until 6pm on Friday July 6. You will need to quote the access code Host Borough. A maximum of four tickets can be purchased per household as per all Olympic ticket sales.
Only Visa cards (debit, credit and prepaid) can be used to purchase tickets. Prepaid Visa cards are available from any Lloyds TSB Bank and other high street retailers. The tickets will also offer Newham people the chance to buy �15 tickets to the Orbit during their visit to the Park.