Newham Mayor secures exclusive Olympic Park tickets deal for residents
Mayoir Sir Robin Wales has secured an exclusive Olympic Park tickets deal for residents
Mayor of Newham Sir Robin Wales has secured an exclusive tickets deal for residents that will offer them an amazing opportunity to soak up the atmosphere of the Olympic Park during the Games.
Sir Robin has agreed with the London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) that more than 14,000 Newham people will have access to priority tickets to the Park in Stratford for just �10 using a dedicated telephone hotline available from 11am on Thursday.
The Mayor said: “I’m pleased to have been able to secure exclusive tickets to the Olympic Park for residents to purchase. I’ve always said from day one that Newham is hosting this party on behalf of the nation so it is only right that local people be invited to it as well.
“I’ve listened to residents’ concerns about the cost and availability of tickets to Games events, so I’m delighted to have been able to negotiate this preferential deal with LOCOG on their behalf to get into the Park.
You may also want to watch:
“Newham people deserve to be part of the Games and these tickets will allow people to experience the atmosphere of the Park, watch live sporting action on the big screens as well as enjoy the waterways and parklands.”
Tickets are �10 for adults and �5 for people aged 16 and under or 60 and over. The tickets do not allow access to any venue within the Park. As per all Olympic ticket sales, a charge of �6, which includes packing and secure delivery, will apply.
- 1 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 4 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 5 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 6 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 7 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 8 Court date adjourned for Beckton man who sexually assaulted young girl
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
Numbers are limited so Newham residents need to act fast. Tickets are available for morning and evening sessions during the first week of the Olympic Games and will be sold on a first come, first served basis.
Tickets will only be distributed to addresses in Newham and the other host boroughs. They are available via a dedicated ticket sales line on 0844 248 5136 until 6pm on Friday July 6. You will need to quote the access code Host Borough. A maximum of four tickets can be purchased per household as per all Olympic ticket sales.
Only Visa cards (debit, credit and prepaid) can be used to purchase tickets. Prepaid Visa cards are available from any Lloyds TSB Bank and other high street retailers. The tickets will also offer Newham people the chance to buy �15 tickets to the Orbit during their visit to the Park.