Newham hospital trust appoints finance expert
Newham University Hospital Trust has appointed Paul Hendrick to lead it as its new interim chairman.
Paul Hendrick has been appointed the new interim chairman of Newham University Hospital NHS Trust.
He is an experienced non-executive director working principally in the public sector in the fields of regional economic development, social housing and public health.
He has more than 30 years international experience gained as a finance professional in the fields of financial management, treasury and corporate finance, working with major international public companies such as Akzo Nobel NV, Courtaulds plc and the British National Oil Corporation.
He is currently a director of Greater London Enterprise Ltd, the regional economic development company owned by all 33 London local authorities, and chairs its main operating subsidiary.
You may also want to watch:
Within the NHS he was for a number of years an independent special advisor to the Healthcare Purchasing Consortium, providing purchasing, supply chain and commercial services to trusts in the Midlands and London. He has been audit chairman of NHS Newham since 2007 and is currently audit chairman of the East London Consortium of Primary Care Trusts.
He said: “During my time at NHS Newham I have developed an appreciation of the healthcare issues in the borough and am excited by the prospect of working with the team at NUHT in delivering high quality patient care to our community.
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 4 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 5 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 6 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 7 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
- 10 Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
“These are challenging times for the NHS and healthcare provision generally and I look forward to helping NUHT in its aim of maintaining and improving the quality of its services to the people of Newham.”
Martin Heys, the trust’s acting chairman since July 2008, is standing down and will become a non-executive director.