Newham couple’s appeal to stars to sign chair, raise cash
- Credit: Archant
A couple who restore furniture are appealing for celebrities and sporting stars to sign a vintage chair and help them raise cash for charity.
Ade Oladipo, 32, set up a business restoring old, often unwanted furniture destined for a skip from his flat in Stratford 18 months ago with his girlfriend Dami Owoseje, 27.
Since then, the company, called Majeurs Chesterfield, has grown and has already provided pieces of furniture to the likes of Jimmy Choo and Jamie Oliver.
Now the couple, both of whom went to school in Newham, are appealing for entertainment and sporting stars to sign a Chesterfield chair which they plan to auction to raise money for a cancer charity although they have not decided which one.
Ade, who lives in Major Road, Stratford, said: “We decided to raise money for cancer because it is a subject close to our hearts. My partner’s sister passed away just over two years ago because of cancer and my mum has recently been diagnosed with womb cancer.
You may also want to watch:
“What we want to do is auction off a chesterfield piece, but we want this piece to be signed by as many people from the world of sport and entertainment as possible.”
To help the venture get off the ground, Ade said he would drive the chair to people willing to sign it. All the money raised will go to charity.
- 1 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 6 Free cultural events and family activities in the Royal Docks announced
- 7 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 8 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
For more details go to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 590 5789