Newham couple’s appeal to stars to sign chair, raise cash
- Credit: Archant
A couple who restore furniture are appealing for celebrities and sporting stars to sign a vintage chair and help them raise cash for charity.
Ade Oladipo, 32, set up a business restoring old, often unwanted furniture destined for a skip from his flat in Stratford 18 months ago with his girlfriend Dami Owoseje, 27.
Since then, the company, called Majeurs Chesterfield, has grown and has already provided pieces of furniture to the likes of Jimmy Choo and Jamie Oliver.
Now the couple, both of whom went to school in Newham, are appealing for entertainment and sporting stars to sign a Chesterfield chair which they plan to auction to raise money for a cancer charity although they have not decided which one.
Ade, who lives in Major Road, Stratford, said: “We decided to raise money for cancer because it is a subject close to our hearts. My partner’s sister passed away just over two years ago because of cancer and my mum has recently been diagnosed with womb cancer.
You may also want to watch:
“What we want to do is auction off a chesterfield piece, but we want this piece to be signed by as many people from the world of sport and entertainment as possible.”
To help the venture get off the ground, Ade said he would drive the chair to people willing to sign it. All the money raised will go to charity.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Court date adjourned for Beckton man who sexually assaulted young girl
- 6 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 7 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Shadrach Ogie back in contention for O's trip to Bristol Rovers
- 10 Antonio and Rice fire West Ham to win over Dinamo Zagreb in Europa League
For more details go to email@example.com or call 0203 590 5789