Newham councillor becomes third to be suspended by Labour Party this year
- Credit: Archant
A councillor has been suspended from the Labour Party, the third such case since May.
Cllr Obaid Khan, who represents Boleyn, was suspended by his party for reasons not yet revealed.
A spokesperson for the Labour Party said an investigation will be launched into the case.
Cllr Khan said he is seeking legal advice and does not yet wish to comment.
In November, Upton Park’s Cllr Rohima Rahman, representing Green Street East, was also suspended.
You may also want to watch:
Plaistow South’s Cllr Ahmed Noor, meanwhile, was suspended in May.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 7 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham