Newham Council Tax and Benefits service moves to one location
Newham Council’s Council Tax and Benefits service will move to one location at Newham Dockside in Beckton next Tuesday.
It is part of the moves the authority are making to transform the way it delivers services to residents.
As part of their Customer Access Strategy, the Council is looking at everything it does to ensure it delivers the most efficient and cost-effective services for residents.
As part of these changes, Newham’s Council Tax and Benefits service moves out of Local Services Centres (LSCs) into a single location at Newham Dockside in Beckton. From Tuesday August 30, residents can no longer get their enquiry dealt with at local service centres.
Residents will still be able to speak to a specialist face-to-face by booking an appointment through Newham’s Contact Centre. It means residents should no longer face lengthy queues while waiting to be seen but will be able to turn up at their appointed time and be seen straight away.
You may also want to watch:
The reorganisation of Council Tax and Benefits, of which the move to Newham Dockside is central part, will save the council around �1.4 million over three years. Offering appointments from a single location and enabling residents to access services more easily online and over the telephone means the council will be able to provide an improved service. This will allow them to spend money on protecting frontline services in the wake of severe central government cuts.
Residents do not need to make an appointment to deal with all Council Tax and Benefits enquiries. Paying bills, applying for discounts and exemptions, checking entitlements to housing or Council Tax benefits can all be done online without having to see someone in person. Go to www.newham.gov.uk/counciltax or call (020) 8430 2000.
- 1 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 7 Pearce believes camaraderie has given West Ham a chance of making Europe
- 8 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 9 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 10 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
For more information about all the changes taking place, please speak to a member of staff at your nearest LSC or visit www.newham.gov.uk/counciltax