Newham Council dustman ‘seriously’ injured in refuse lorry accident
A Newham Council dustman was rushed to hospital with a serious leg injury yesterday following an accident with a refuse lorry in Forest Gate.
At 11.15am, the London Ambulance Service sent a medical crew to Odessa Road where staff treated the 46-year-old badly injured man and took him “as a priority” to The Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel.
Police also attended, and later said the man’s injuries were considered serious.
A Newham Council spokesperson said: “Our main priority is to do all we can to support the injured person and our thoughts are with him at this time.
“We are currently investigating what happened as we would with any incident that involves a member of staff and the Health and Safety Executive has been informed.”
You may also want to watch:
It is understood the injured employee remains in hospital.
- 1 Rape survivor awarded British Empire Medal for services to community in pandemic
- 2 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 3 Woman dies in fire at Stratford home
- 4 Where can I watch the Euros in east London?
- 5 Leyton Orient goalkeeper Vigouroux linked with Lincoln City
- 6 Queen's Birthday Honours 2021: Charity founder recognised with British Empire Medal
- 7 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 8 Neighbours warned to keep windows and doors shut during Plaistow blaze
- 9 Blue plaques celebrate Forest Gate's links to Jimi Hendrix and De Underground Records
- 10 Falling sign injures four in Upton Park