Newham Council dustman ‘seriously’ injured in refuse lorry accident
A Newham Council dustman was rushed to hospital with a serious leg injury yesterday following an accident with a refuse lorry in Forest Gate.
At 11.15am, the London Ambulance Service sent a medical crew to Odessa Road where staff treated the 46-year-old badly injured man and took him “as a priority” to The Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel.
Police also attended, and later said the man’s injuries were considered serious.
A Newham Council spokesperson said: “Our main priority is to do all we can to support the injured person and our thoughts are with him at this time.
“We are currently investigating what happened as we would with any incident that involves a member of staff and the Health and Safety Executive has been informed.”
You may also want to watch:
It is understood the injured employee remains in hospital.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 7 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Travel round-up: Road and rail disruptions this week
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k