Newham College students’ excitement at A Level results
Students and staff at Newham College shared in the excitement and joy as A Level results were revealed this morning.
Groups of students waited anxiously to collect the white envelopes which would determine the future course of their lives.
Some went off into quiet corners before opening them while others huddled with fellow students.
Cristina Arama, 21, from Leytonstone got two As and a B and is planning to study actuarial science.
Adil Houssin, from Chadwell Heath, also achieved two As and a B. He is heading off to Manchester to study petroleum engineering.
You may also want to watch:
Eva Muszynski, 21, achieved three A*s in Maths, Biologya nd Chemistry and paid tribute to her Maths teacher Charlie Carter for inspiring her. She had hated the subject before.
Conchita Henry, executive director of the Welfare Road campus in Stratford said: “The students have surpassed their own expectations and I think that we are sending out to the universities and the world a cracking group of our star students.”
- 1 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 2 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 3 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 6 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix
- 7 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 10 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
She said many had overcome difficulties and worked through difficult circumstances to achieve their results.